Do you ever wish you could give your skin a little pick-me-up? Especially during the winter months our skin needs extra TLC.
The Botanical Facial Steam works wonders to open up the pores, soothe dry, irritated skin and restless minds. By adding hot water to this floral mixture the concentrated herbs will release their healing properties through the steam it creates. The warmth will open your pores, allowing your skin to fully receive the benefits the herbs have to offer.
And, like with all our wellness products, you’ll also engage in a self-care ritual that will bring calm and emotional comfort by making space to slow down and connect with your senses.
10 organic plant allies:
- Organic Comfrey Leaf, Chamomile Flowers, Rose Petals, Calendula Petals, Rosehip, Linden, Elder flowers, Yarrow, White Chrysanthemum, Dandelion root.
- COMFREY is a highly effective mucilaginous plant and a wonderful choice for those who have very dry, sensitive or tired skin. It contains, allantoin that helps moisturize and soften skin and develop a protective film over the skin cells, reducing water loss.
- CHAMOMILE containing azulene, an ingredient known for its calming, anti-inflammatory, and refreshing benefits. Chamomile leaves skin looking soothed, rejuvenated and toned and is commonly used to help lighten skin and may help reduce the appearance of sun damage.
- ROSE contains soothing and tonifying anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness and irritation that can often accompany drier skin
- CALENDULA is well known for its antiseptic, antiviral, and antifungal properties. This means it is a great choice to deeply cleanse and rebalance skin. Its gentle and hydrating actions, may also assist in wound healing by stimulating tissue and collagen production.
- 100% organic.
- No additives.
- And of course: vegan and cruelty free.
- 1 oz - 28 g / 3-4 uses.
- 50% Recycled Glass, Cork and Spoon Included
Cleanse your skin thoroughly removing all dirt and makeup.
Create an intentional space. Turn off your phone and turn on some relaxing music. You’ll need about 15 minutes for this Self Ceremony. Please allow yourself this time. Included is a Love Note, a self-love reminder to encourage you to this practice.
Find yourself a comfortable place to sit with a surface at a level you can place your bowl at without discomfort to your neck.
Place 4-5 scoops of your Botanical Facial Steam into a large heatproof bowl and cover with about 3 cups of boiling water.
Place your face about 10 to 12 inches (25-30 cm) away from the water. Create a tent by draping a towel over your head and over the bowl so that the steam doesn’t escape. Make sure you’re comfortable and that the steam isn’t too hot. You can occasionally open the towel if you need to take a breather.
Close your eyes, take a long, deep breath and enjoy this relaxing moment. Notice the different aromas ~ the feeling of the steam nourishing your skin and melting away the tension ~ the shapes of the flowers as they open up to form a beautifully abstract painting, in the water. Keep watching your breath and the flowers for about 10 - 15 minutes.
When you have finished with your steam your pores will be open and ready to deeply absorb extra nourishment. This is a great time to do a face mask or complete your skin care routine by adding your serum, oil or cream.
Because you won't want to get rid of your bowl of beautiful flower water:
⇢ Make a mask. We recommend maximizing the benefits of your infused botanical water by mixing it with a facial mask.
⇢ Add to your bath. Slowly pour your bowl into a warm bath and enjoy a soak in these beautifully nourishing flowers and aromas.
⇢ Make a cooling washcloth. Place them in a jar with a washcloth and let it soak in the fridge overnight. Gently lay the washcloth over your face - perfect for cooling down on a hot day or if your skin is too sensitive for the hot steam.
⇢ After applying a facial oil or moisturizer complete your skin care routine with a lymphatic massage with a Gua Sha tool or Crystal Roller.
Keep your face about 10 inches / 25 cm above the bowl to avoid injury from the steam. If it is too hot for you, lift the towel slightly to allow some cooler air to circulate.
If your skin is very sensitive, only steam for about 5 minutes. Do not use on broken skin.
Do not ingest.